You are responsible for ensuring that you leave your room and flat in the same condition that it was given to you. On arrival you will be met by a SweetSpot representative and an independent inventory clerk who will record the condition of your SweetSpot home and will make note of any changes upon departure.
Generally speaking, blu-tac, white-tac or pins put into walls will require re-painting after you have left and you may be charged in line with the tenancy agreement. The management team will carry out room and property inspection during and at the end of your contract.
Other FAQs in this category (Living in a SweetSpot home):
- Who is responsible for cleaning my home?
- Can I keep a fridge in my room?
- Where can I wash my clothes and bedding?
- Do I need to move out over the Christmas and Easter holidays?
- What about safety?
- Can I bring a wok?
- Am I allowed candles?
- Where can I smoke?
- Will I be able to park my car?