Who should my guarantor be?

A guarantor should be a friend or family member (usually a parent) who is willing to guarantee the rent payments on your behalf. This is standard practice with student rental properties due to your employment status. A guarantor is someone who agrees to sign a guarantee agreement which guarantees your obligations in the tenancy agreement. The guarantor should be in full-time employment or have a work contract in place for the duration of your tenancy. If your guarantor does not have full time employment or a work contract, for example they may be retired, savings statements may be requested to show their ability to guarantee you.

Other FAQs in this category (About Guarantors):