When you move out you have a check out inspection by an independent inventory clerk. They judge the change in the condition of the property since you moved in and make allowance for fair wear and tear. If there are any works needed these are quoted for and the quotes shared with you. Any damages will be deducted from your deposit. It is your responsibility to return your room in the same condition as you moved in to it, read about common reasons people lose their deposits here. We are required to send your deposit back within 10 working days of agreeing the deposit return although we tend to do it much quicker than this (often on the day you agree them). All deposits taken by SweetSpot are insured under the Deposit Protection Scheme.
Other FAQs in this category (Legal and Financial):
- Can I end my contract before the agreed date?
- How does the SweetSpot referral scheme work?
- Can I pay with foreign currency or travellers cheques?
- How do I make an insurance claim?
- What do I do about insurance?
- Will my bank charge me to make a bank transfer?
- Do I need to pay council tax?
- Can I change my contract after I have signed it?