SweetSpot Homes – relax, study and have fun in the best possible environment.
We’re convinced that with attention to detail, a commitment to your well-being, and the appetite to do things differently, we can make student rental better.
- Location – we buy homes close to the University (usually less than a 15 minute walk) and close to student areas, shops and transport links
- Beautiful homes – every house is interior designed and newly refurbished with new furniture from John Lewis
- Broadband – wireless broadband is ready to use when you move in and included in your rent
- Fridge space – we always buy the biggest fridges possible
- Security – we install new locks, window locks, and burglar alarms as standard
What’s In Your SweetSpot Home?
Our homes are ready to live in straight away. Of course you’ll want to put up your own pictures and move things around to suit you, but who really wants to spend their first day in a new home shopping for bedsheets or on the phone to BT trying to set up broadband? SweetSpot takes care of all that drudgery so you can get on with your studies.
- Interior Design – all our homes are interior designed with an emphasis on homeliness
- Furniture – every home is newly refurbished with brand new high-quality furniture
- Shared Space – your home will have a communal area other than the kitchen and we try to make sure there is a table where you can sit and eat together. If that’s your thing.
- High Standards – all of our properties meet and go beyond the university accreditation and government HMO licencing schemes.
- High Speed Broadband – installed and ready from day one, included in the rent.
- Accessibility aware – we have some accessible accommodation for students who need special provison, just ask.
- Heating and insulation – double-glazing throughout with new boilers and insulation, keeping the house warm and cosy and economising on utility bills.
- Ready to move in – For a complete list of what comes with the house, visit our FAQs
Dealing With SweetSpot
We think the best landlords – like the best hangover cures – should be easy to get hold of, fast-acting and straightforward. We have a local representative in every SweetSpot city so you can talk face-to-face, national maintenance provision for quick repairs, and we’re committed to rooting out and removing hidden costs, unclear language and pointless rules.
- SweetBills – we offer the option to include all utility bills for an additional £12 per person per week.
- SweetServices – we offer discounted services (like cleaning, laundry).
- Recycling – we provide recycling facilities.
- Responsiveness – we can be spoken to face-to-face, or reached by phone, email, Twitter and Facebook- and if we’re not available we’ll always get back to you as soon as we can.
- Maintenance – we respond to maintenance requests immediately and guarantee a response within 24 hours.
- Variety – different people look for different things, so we try to offer a range of homes to suit all tastes.
- Local representatives – we have a local representative who can pop by if you have any questions or need help with anything.
- Local knowledge – if you need it, we can provide information on the local area with an explanation of all the local transport (e.g. bus routes), shops, pubs, university etc.
- Thorough testing – we test that everything works as it should before you move in – showers, lighting, electrics and so on.
- We hate rules! – so we try not to set too many. If you want to stick up posters on the wall that’s fine. However, always remember that any damage to the property will have to be paid for.
- No hidden fees – no arrangement fee, no fee to draw-up the tenancy agreement; in fact, assuming they pass, we pay for your reference checks.
- No surprise visits – we always provide at least 24 hours notice and confirm a mutually agreeable time to come round. Generally we try to interrupt you as little as possible.
- Fire safety – we provide fire blankets, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors as standard
- Security – we install new locks, deadlocks, window locks, and burglar alarms as standard
- Secure deposits – we store your security deposit with a government registered independent third party so everything is dealt with fairly and neutrally.
- Clear contracts – our contracts are clear. We are the only student landlord that has been awarded the Crystal Mark for a clear tenancy agreement written in plain English. We also offer translated agreements.
- Contract summary – and whilst you really ought to read the whole thing, we point out the really critical points in the contract to you so you know what you’re signing up to.
- Online process – you want to move in without any hassle, so we do as much as possible online.
Disclaimers / small print
All common sense really…
- Each house is different so some of the above may not always be possible / available.
- We will clarify any exceptions when you enquire about each house. If the house you’re interested in differs from this list we will tell you during the viewing.